The Computer Science Department offers a Four Year Undergraduate (FYUG)/M. Sc. (Integrated) Five Year Programme in Computer Science. The Department also offers a 2 Year M. Sc. in Computer Science and Ph. D. Programme. The Ph. D. Programme in Computer Science offers students the possibility of doing intensive research in the areas of Computer Science.
Vision: Department of Computer Science aspires to produce qualified and skilled human resource in Computer Science and contribute to regional and national growth through education and research.
Thrust Areas: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Image Processing, Data Mining, Soft Computing Techniques, Computer Networks and Security, Computer Architecture, Algorithms
|Courses Offered||Duration||Number of Seats||Syllabus|
Four Year Undergraduate (FYUG)/M. Sc. (Integrated) 5-year Programme
|M.Sc. (2-year) (by coursework) as per NEP-2020 w.e.f. 2022-23||2/4 Semesters||20||Syllabus|
|Ph. D. (by course & research work)|
* Provision exists for lateral entry and exit as per NEP-2020
- PROSPECTUS for UG/IG-PG-PHD Courses
- Notification regarding admission in UG/IG Programme Session 2023-24 Assam University, Silchar
- Notification regarding admission in PG Programme Session 2023-24 Assam University both Silchar and Diphu Campus
- Online Admission portal (session 2023-24)
- Offline Admission Drive- M.Sc. Computer Science (Leteral Entry) Course
- Curriculum and Syllabus of FYUG BCA under NEP 2020 for colleges affiliated to Assam University
- Curriculum and Syllabus of FYUG B.Sc. Computer Science under NEP 2020 for colleges affiliated to Assam University
Head of Department
Prof. Shahin Ara Begum, PhD.
(03842) 270825 (O)
+91 7896570786 (M)
Dr. Bishwa Ranjan Roy, Ph.D.
The placement pattern of the passed-out students has been encouraging. Alumni of the department of Computer Science of Assam University are now to be found in organisations like IBM, TCS, Infosys, ORACLE, HCL, WiproTech, Cognizant and many others including educational and research institutions in India and abroad.