The Department of Computer Science was established in July 1997. The Department offers a five-year integrated course leading to the Degree of M. Sc. in Computer Science. Provision exists for the lateral exit with the Degree of B. Sc. (Computer Science) after successful completion of all the courses up to six semesters. The Department also offers a two-year M. Sc. (Computer Science) course and Ph. D. Programme.
|Courses Offered||Duration||Number of Seats||Time Table||Syllabus|
|M.Sc., Integrated (by course work)||* Ten Semesters||88||Time Table||Syllabus|
|M.Sc. (by coursework)||* Four Semesters||19||Time Table||Syllabus|
|Ph. D. (by course & research work)|
* Provision also exists for lateral exit after six semesters with a B. Sc. Degree in Computer Science.
- PROSPECTUS 2022-23 for UG/Integrated Courses
- Silver Jubilee Celebration of the Department
- Notice on CUET (PG), 2023 regarding admission to PG Courses
- Public Notice on CUET(PG) by NTA
Head of Department
Prof. Shahin Ara Begum, PhD.
(03842) 270825 (O)
+91 7896570786 (M)
Dr. Bishwa Ranjan Roy, Ph.D.
The placement pattern of the passed-out students has been encouraging. Alumni of the department of Computer Science of Assam University are now to be found in organisations like IBM, TCS, Infosys, ORACLE, HCL, WiproTech, Cognizant and many others including educational and research institutions in India and abroad.