- Sensitization to Stop the Incidence of RaggingAnti-raggingNew
- List of Applicants Selected for Admission 2015-16New
- Even Semester Results, April 2015 PublisedResults Even Semester, April 2015New
- Result of Re-Evaluation-Scrutiny of Odd Semester November 2014 of BBA,BCA,BA,BSC,BCOM PublishedResults Odd Semester November 2014
- RIGHT TO INFORMATION : ISSUES AND CHALLENGESOrganized By - RTI Office, AUSNational Seminar28th - 29th August 2015
- Notification of Final List of Selected Candidates on Admission TestNotification of Final ListNew
- Digital India Week Celebration at Assam University SilcharDigital India WeekNew
- Activities during Swachh Bharat Abhiyan during 22-26 June 2015New
- List of Applicants Called for Admission TestNew
- Congratulation to Sudipta RoyCongratulationsNew
- World Environment DayNotificationNew
- Assam University Admission Notification for B.Tech. & M.Tech. 2015-2016Admission Notification B.Tech & M.Tech.
- Hon'ble MOS HRD GOI will visit Assam University, Silchar on 16-05-2015MOS HRD GOI VisitNew
- Assam University Admission Process zGoes LIVEAdmission LIVE
- Assam University Admission Notification for 2015-2016Admission Notification
- Dr. S. K. Jain award for best Ph.D Thesis in EthnobotanyBest Award
- Online File Monitoring System Training ScheduleFMS Training Schedule
- Celebration of 66th Republic Day on 26thJanuary-2015
- Celebration of Netaji Birth Day
- Celebration of Assam University 22nd Foundation Day
- Dr. Ratan Borman, Dept. of Commerece, AUDC is Awarded Silver Medal in Best Business Academic Award-2014
- Good Governance Day
- Run For Unity
- Swachch Bharat Abhiyan
- National Educational Day
Assam University came into existence through Assam (Central) University Act, 1989(Established
under an Act of Parliament) . It was established in 1994,since then the University is steadily becoming an excellent centre of learning.
The campus, situated in Dargakona, about 20 kms from Silchar, is set amid sprawling hillocks, a typical landscape in the North East. The campus in an area of 600 acres surrounded by lakes and mountains provides an ideal environment for academic pursuit.
Drawing its 300 plus faculty from many disciplines, from all over the country, the university sustains a multidisciplinary approach to higher education.
The University has Sixteen Schools on major disciplines.
There are Thirty Five Departments under these
The Horourable Vice Chancellor has inaugurated the Online Admission System 2015-16
Assam University aspires to translate
the multidimensional collective dream of the
the region into reality.
| VC's Desk
It is now nearly two years since I have taken over the charge of Assam
University. Over this period I have become increasingly aware of the sentiment
and aspirations of the people of the Barak Valley in general and those
associated with the university in particular regarding the establishment of the
university and its subsequent growth. I am deeply committed to honour these
values. I shall reiterate some of my feelings expressed in my previous communication
to you just after I assumed charge. Amongst the different components in any university system, I have the opinion
that students and research scholars are the keys that will ultimately decide the
height we would reach. For More