WELCOME TO THE DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
VISION To be a leader among educational institutions by building a tradition of innovation, problem solving and interdisciplinary collaboration to meet the changing needs of the society.
MISSION We believe that education should be both broad and useful enabling students to participate in the humane culture of the community and to discover and apply knowledge for the benefit of society. Emphasis on experimental learning by doing and on the value of useful knowledge, shall be at the heart of education mission of the institution. Mission of the institution is to advance knowledge and education in Engineering and Technology and other areas of Scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century. The institute shall be committed to generate, disseminate and preserve knowledge, and to work with others to bring this knowledge to bear on the world’s great challenges. It shall be dedicated to provide its students with an education that combines rigorous academic study and the excitement of discovery with the support and intellectual simulation of a diverse campus community. To develop in each member of the Institution, the ability and passion to work wisely, creatively and effectively for the betterment of humankind is expected.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (formerly Department of Information Technology) is one of the three departments at Triguna Sen School of Technology established in the year 2006. It offers bachelor’s programs along with master’s and doctoral degree programs in Computer Science and Engineering. It provides a comprehensive program that emphasizes on algorithms and theory, advanced computer architecture , computer vision and pattern recognition, data mining and machine learning, information retreival & NLP, operating systems and computer networks, computer security, and scientific computing. The CSE department’s many strengths include its high faculty-to-student ratio, state of the art facilities, strong focus on undergraduate education and emphasis on leadership, service, and ethics. Faculty and students often collaborate on projects, working side-by-side with researchers from other colleges and departments across the campus, such as ISI,Kolkata, IIT Guwahati and NIT SIlchar to name a few. In addition , quality research opportunities available through the department,as there is a real sense of community and teamwork here.
FACULTY & STAFF
DR. SUNITA SARKAR
Associate Professor and Head, Department of CSE
email: firstname.lastname@example.org (TEL: +91-3842-270988)
DR. TAPODHIR ACHARJEE
MR. SOURISH DHAR
DR. AJOY KUMAR KHAN
DR. ABHIJIT BISWAS
MR. ARNAB PAUL
MR. W. NIRANJAN SINGH
DR. SOMNATH MUKHOPADHYAY
MR. NAVAJYOTI NATH
The Department of Computer Science Engineering offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral programmes in the field of Computer Science Engineering.
1. UNDER GRADUATE
B. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
Duration: Four years
Intake Capacity: 60 (75% through JEE Main conducted by C.B.S.E. and remaining 25% through School Entrance Exam)
*Also as advised by the AICTE 15% of the total seats on supernumerary basis are reserved for foreign nationals/Persons of Indian Origin (PIC)/Children of Indian Workers in Gulf countries.
B. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering (Lateral Entry)
Duration: Three years
Intake Capacity: 06
**Two seats will be kept ear-marked for sponsored candidates and the maximum age of entry will be 40 years with two years of experience in the relevant field. However, in the event of non-availability of sponsored candidates, the seats may be converted into main-stream
2. POST GRADUATE
M. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
Duration: Two years
Intake Capacity: 18
**Five per cent of the total seats will be kept ear-marked for sponsored candidates, having two years of experience in relevant field.
3. DOCTORAL Ph. D.
The Ph.D. in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering is done through research work with mandatory course work of minimum one semester. Admission process is as per Assam University norms.