Assam University Computer Centre is established in March 1997. It provides ICT-related services to both the campuses of Assam University. It is the Gateway to the 1Gbps National Knowledge Network (NKN) for internet access. 20+ Servers, 150+ High-end Switches, 2500+ nodes and 4000+ wi-fi Devices in Silchar and Diphu Campus are connected to AU Campus Network. Network and Information Security issues of Assam University Campus Network (AUCN) is monitored by two separate Unified Threat Management (SOPHOS-UTM) devices at Silchar and Diphu campus. AU Video Conferencing services and Virtual class Room facilities are provided from the Centre.
The best practices of the Computer Centre are –
- AUCN and NKN Services.
- Campus Wi-Fi services, Silchar and Diphu campus.
- Assam University Web services, Mail services, DNS, etc.
- Software Development & Maintenance: File Tracking and Monitoring System, NKN Wi-Fi Registration System, Electricity Billing System for AU Quarter Dwellers etc.
- Assam University Data updating in MHRD (AISHE) portal, etc.
- Facilitating Video Conferencing Services, VOIP Services, IIRS Distant Learning Courses, etc.
- Providing Lab facilities to the User Departments.
- Conducting Computer Based Tests ( CBT) for CUET, etc.
Assam University Silchar, Computer Centre provides various services to all faculty members, staff and students of both campuses of the University which include.
- Designing, Expansion and maintenance of the campus-wide network, from time to time
- Assam University official website maintenance and hosting
- University Email server maintenance and hosting
- Intranet-based Application Development for governance, etc.
- Providing Video conferencing facilities with different universities and Rashtrapati Bhavan, MHRD, etc.
- Training programs for faculty, staff, research scholars and PG students
- Conducting the IT Skill Tests for the recruitment of the non-teaching employees of the university
- Conducting of On-line GATE examination in association with IIT Guwahati.
The EDUSAT-based Satellite Interactive Terminal (SIT) for conducting virtual classes is also available in the Computer Centre. This facility is established under the CEC-UGC EDUSAT Network funded by ISRO, Govt. of India. The Computer Centre conducts various Distant Learning Workshops organized, from time to time, by CEC-UGC New Delhi, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun, etc.
The centre is also running a one-year regular Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology (PGDIT) course and the classes are engaged by the experts available in the centre only. The technical staff of the Computer Centre is also engaged in taking PG /IPP classes of various schools/departments under the university, on the basis of specific requirements.
|Courses Offered||Duration||Number of Seats||Course Structure|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)||Two Semesters||25||PGDCA(Syllabus)|
|Name||Designation||Area of Specialization||Email & Contact|
|Angshu Maan Sen, B.E. (E. &Tc. Engg.); M. Tech|
(IT), PhD (CS), F.I.E.(I), F.I.E.T.E.
|Director Computer Centre||Software Requirements Engineering,|
|Subrata Sinha, BSc (Maths), MCA, Ph. D(CS)||System Analyst||Workflow, Web Service, Computer|
|K. Anand Kr. Singha, B.Tech (CSE), MTech (CSE))||Networking|
|Dipankar Das, M.Sc (CS)||Technical|
|Natural Language Processingemail@example.com|
|Manjit Singha, Dip. in Electronics & Telecomm.|
|Lab Technician||Computer Hardware and Peripherals||manjit.singha at aus.ac.in|
Director, Computer Centre: Dr Angshu Maan Sen Contact: 91-3842-281007
Eligibility for Admission into the PGCA program
Candidates securing not less than 45% marks in Bachelor’s degree in any discipline of Assam University or any other recognised University and candidates having a Degree/ Diploma in Engineering with a minimum of 50% marks are also eligible.