International students are encouraged to seek admission in the various programmes offered by Assam University. The Directorate for Internationalization of Higher Education, Assam University is the single window for all foreign nationals who wish to seek admission in various courses of Assam University –
- A Foreign student will be required to furnish the following documents from concerned authority for admission to any programme of Assam University:
a] Equivalence and Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, AIU House, 16, Kotla Marg, New Delhi – 110002 (Ph 911112320059 Fax 911123232131)
b] Student Visa obtained from the Indian Mission (Embassy / High Commission/ Consulate) before leaving his/her home country. However, students from SAARC countries may be selected for admission provisionally on Tourist Visa, subject to subsequent production of valid Student Visa.
c] A foreign student will be allowed provisional admission on production of the above documents (Serial 1.a & 1.b] and his/her admission will be confirmed after successful completion of all other formalities as per GOI/AUS rules. d] Preference will be given to Foreign students sponsored through cultural exchange programme of the Govt. of India or under the provisions of MoU signed by Assam University with Foreign Universities.
- a] 15% supernumerary seats shall be available in Assam University for admission of foreign students including PIOs as per UGC/GOI rules in each department and in each programme.
b] 5% of the 15% Supernumerary quota will be earmarked for admission of foreign students being children of Indian workers in the Gulf and South East Asia.
- Medical test: All International students will have to undergo a medical fitness test including HIV & Tuberculosis test before taking final admission.
- Hostel facility: There will be the provision of separate hostel facility dedicated for the international students.
- Discipline in the hostel: The discipline to be maintained by the International students shall be governed by the existing hostel rules of the Assam University.
- A foreign student seeking admission shall not be required to appear for the admission test procedure for any programme provided he/she furnishes letters of references from two teachers testifying his/her suitability for the course applied for and submit the transcript of his/her mark sheet issued by the competent authority.
- a) All Foreign students must inform Directorate of Internationalization of Higher Education, Assam University immediately after reaching University Campus.
b] A Foreign student must report to the Foreign Branch of SP office immediately after reaching India.
c] Foreign Registration must be done within 14 days after reaching India.
d] All Foreign students shall have to provide emergency contact number of their home country to Directorate of Internationalization of Higher Education, Assam University, immediately after reaching University campus.
e] Involvement of Foreign students in any kind of anti-Indian activity or any other kind of illegal activity will lead to the summarily cancellation of their admission without any prior notice.
f] India being a culturally diverse country with number of ethnic traditions and practices expects that all Foreign students shall respect the cultural and ethnic diversity and traditions of the country.
g] Admission of Foreign students in Assam University in any way does not provide guarantee for Post Study Work Permit (PSWP) or status of Permanent Resident ( PR).
Contact Persons for Internationalization of Higher Education, Assam University:
|Prof. Dipendu Das||Working Chairman||+91-9435172416 / +91-9394345835|
E-mail : email@example.com
|Dr. Barunjyoti Choudhury||Director||+91-7002415050|
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Dr. Biswa Ranjan Roy||Deputy Director||+91-7002816218|
E-mail : email@example.com
Internalization of Higher Education